July 20 Pelly Crossing to Clear Creek


129 Kilometres
Although we were up and going by 7:10 it was a slow start because the first 30 kilometres were uphill. After that though, if it wasn't downhill, the hills were short. The worst of the hills was the one coming out of Moose Creek. I think it was probably the steepest since the start of the trip.
Tonight we have another campground. Last night's was free but that's because the Government of Yukon no longer controls it and it was getting pretty run down. It was difficult to find a spot because the weeds were overgrown. One of the pit toilets had toilet paper though.
Nothing was open when we left so we ate breakfast -- oatmeal and yogurt. The next stop was 70 kms away and it must have been the most expensive place we've eaten up here and it wasn't very good. By the time I had a sandwich and coffee it was $19.95
We agreed that we could camp at the first available spot after we reached 125 km, which we figured to be half way to Dawson. We have the tents set up beside a creek; we cooked down stream and we've hung out food from the centre of the bridge. It's time to go to sleep so I can get my package from the post office in Dawson before it closes tomorrow.

1 Comments:
Hi Jacqui, You're amazing! When do you turn around to start home. I will be in Kelowna August 23 to 26. I hope we can see you. Joan
Post a Comment
<< Home