Thursday, July 20, 2006

July 18 Whitehorse to Twin Lakes Yukon Gov't campground

135 kms


It couldn't have been a more perfect day for cycling. We got off by 6:15 and stopped at McDonald's for breakfast After a couple of hills out of Whitehorse we turned north on the Klondike highway. The first 40 kilometres were downhill with the wind. The second 40 kilometres were rolling and somewhat difficult but the last 55 kilometres were downhill with the wind again.




There was only one place to stop on the way and that was Braeburn Lodge, cinnamon bun capital of the world - I think we've heard that claim before but these ones were so huge I didn't want to order one. Instead, I ordered a BLT but it was probably twice what a normal person can eat.











There was only another 28 km to the campground and we were there by 3:30. I headed to the lake and because there wasn't another soul around, I stripped and washed up. I washed my clothes and hung them to dry. They're almost dry as I sit in the camp kitchen cooking dinner. Thunder clouds passed to the north west of the campground but now it looks like it will be another dry night. Once again, the views are great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home